Re: Path Tip (Xy on VISTA--sleep mode)

Good idea Flash. Better yet, I think, would be a top (5?) basic things
to check first when someone complains of (seemingly) common problems.
I'm not too sure what that list would be, but clearly the path statement
would be first.

-BrianH.

-----Original Message----- From: flash

≪I have not advanced much in my Xy use for some years, and am using XY4
on a HP laptop with XP with no real problems. At my office I have tried
to use the same configuration on a Dell laptop with XP Professional and
it's not working, at all. I can't get it to identify startup.int even
though it's in the xy4 folder, and it won't allow Xy to take control of
certain keystrokes.

I'm sure this has been covered a thousand times already on the list,
where should I look for guidance?≫

Make sure that the folder where Xy is installed is "in the path". See
the attached screen shot and connect the dots.

If the Xy folder is not there, add it manually (syntax as in the
screenshot).

PS to Brian: as this is a recurring issue, perhaps you could post this
to the web site, too.