Re: XyWrite installation and CD-ROM drives

Regarding the CD-ROM driver problem and TTG's flawed installation
program, I find the following comment by Robert Orndorff very interesting
and wonder why nobody seems to have commented on it:

> I have found that the install works as long as there is a data CD
> in the CD-ROM drive. Install apparently tries to read what is on
> all the drives in the system.

If this applies across the board (i.e. not only in the case of Mr.
Orndorff's system, which of course is a possibility given the vagaries of
computer hardware/software combinations), it would indeed provide a very
simple workaround, without going through the hassle of Win95 Safe Mode or
clean booting etc. I am not in a position right now to check, but I would
be interested in hearing from others whether this solution might be
applicable in general.

Wolfgang Bechstein
wolfie@xxxxxxxx