Re: Grrr [OS2 and XY install]

The OS/2 - XY3 or XY4 alternative is fine--if you can get OS/2 to work.
Unfortunately, many of us can't. I had a blissful week of using OS/2 with
Xy/Dos, and then it ate my hard disk. A disk crash of monumental
proportions. The Herb walked me through recovering..and then, a day later,
another crash. And another, with many wrecked files. I reformatted,
restored from backup, and reinstalled Windoze.

Interestingly, Herb doesn't use Xywrite anymore except for simple t ext
editing; Rothman uses Signature for fast and dirty writing, but WinWord
for final manuscripts. I think he's the last living person to be using
Signature.

I'd be content using Xy/Dos if I could get OS/2 to work. But even The
Herb can't come up with reasons for my persistent crashes. And IBM has
been less than helpful. XyWSrite r uns OK under Windows--but in full
screen mode, I can't get faxes in the background using Winfax, and in
windowed mode, I can't get a screen font I can live with. Under OS/2, I
could run it full screen and receive faxes in the background.

jim besser