Re: General glitch

** Reply to note from Harry Binswanger Mon, 19 Jun 2000 02:02:29 -0400 (EDT)

>>If you remove
>>from XYWWWEB.INF the VA_ statement corresponding to the function
>>assigned to key #104 in your .KBD file, do the crashes stop?

> No. It doesn't have anything to do with XYWWWEB.INF. I crash whenever I
> have: 104=ni,#1
> even with no file open just doing on the Command Line va/nv _#1.
> Same if 104=#1 without the ni.
> Since it happens in Win95 and with 4.016 or 4.018 with no file open, I
> conclude that it's something about Xy4's internal coding. Tim?

Harry, would you send me your KBD file again (to my address)? I just tried
to replicate this under W95 and couldn't force a crash. If fact, it
resolutely *responded* to the CMline query "va/nv _{func-assigned-to-104}",
and displayed the INF file funclist as well. It seems pretty
clear that something in the KBD file triggers in Windows a need to
pull the plug on XyWrite -- my guess is that it lies in the CTRL, ALT, etc
nomenclature, that these are reserved words as far as the OS is concerned.
Originally I figured maybe Grey-Enter was a low-level keystroke, like
Ctrl-Alt-Del or Ctrl-Esc, intercepted by the system no matter what you're
doing, and to which the OS didn't want you to assign anything other than
 -- but on my W95 machine, I can assign anything to 104 and nothing
untoward happens.

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx