Re: More about Converting...

Hi -
The programs I posted before are IN.PGM and OUT.PGM, which are general
XyWrite XPL programs for converting files. IN lets you import a file you name
on the command line or point to in a XyWrite directory. OUT lets you convert
the current file or a selection within it and export it to the new format.

The two programs are incomplete; you have to put in the filenames of the Word
for Word executables and the switches they use. It supports only the .EXE
versions of the filters but should work OK with XyWin (not tested; I tested
only with XyDOS 4.017). The programs shell out to DOS from within XyWrite, so
my guess is that they're not immune to memory limitations. Also, you have to
have the filters in a subdirectory that the variable WW (va/nw ww from the
command line) is pointing to. You can set WW in settings.dfl. Both programs
are fully commented and best viewed and edited in expanded mode. You'll want
to rename the programs (WORDOUT.PGM, RTFIN.PGM, etc.). I've modified some of
my personal versions of the OUT program to call up the program (Word,
Wordpad) to display it. But that's not really essential.

Tim Baehr
Tbaehr@xxxxxxxx