quirky cursor

I do not seem to experience the quirky cursor that many others experience in xp when running xywrite.  Since I think the way I run XyWrite is different from the way most of the people on the list run xywrite maybe that provides a clue to the cause of the quirky  cursor.  I do not know enough about computers to know whether my experience is relevant but others such as Carl or Robert or Harry or Patricia may know.

I always start my Dos programs from a Dos prompt - where the property is set to full screen.  I always use a bat file to start Xywrite.  I do not start xywrite from a shortcut on my desktop because I routinely switch to two other Dos programs, word for word to convert formatting codes to Wordperfect and wordperfect to print( I like the kerning program in wordperfect 5.1.)

On the rare occasion when I have to access windows when I am in xywrite I alt tab back to windows.  I also notice that if I forget that I had already opened xywrite and try to open a second Dos prompt to again start xywrite that almost always xywrite freezes in the startup process, or on the rare occasion when it does start it behaves erratically.  On the other hand if I am running Wordperfect from the Dos prompt and open a second and even a third Dos prompt to run wordperfect that wordperfect does not exhibit the same erratic behavior

mailto:avromf@xxxxxxxx or mailto:af413@xxxxxxxx