Re: Printers/XyWrite 3+/OS2 v3

Thanks to all who helped with my search for new printer to
handle XY3+ under OS2 and give me some color capability. I
ended up with the newish HP model 870Cse. As promised it
speeds through text files like those produced by XY.

I have one remaining problem and again solicit your
indulgence and advice: these inkjets are crazy, they print
the pages out backwards, Page One ends up at the bottom of
the pile. There is fancy software to reverse the process but
because I'm staying away from Windows by using OS/2 and
perhaps also because XY is DOS, the instruction to change
the print order is not working, at least for me.

I noticed an XPL program--BACK.PGM--on the TTG BBS and it
works great for a single open file. I wonder could I use
that program for chain printing, or is there something
available in the alternative? Otherwise I would have to
repaginate with SP for every separate file--and I would have
to wait in between to see the new page count. Unfortunately,
XPL is beyond my abilities, though I would be willing to
educate myself if that is possible in the short term.

BTW for anyone considering an inkjet, the HP DeskJet 500
(b&w only) driver for XY3+ works terrific on the 870Cse
(PCL3). The pages are flying out of the printer--just in the
wrong order.

rick pienciak
pienciak@xxxxxxxx