How we can create XyWrite V

All,

Phil has opened the door to XyWrite V:

With a modern programming platform, like MS Visual Studio it would be relatively simple to compile the original program code and link it to the modern operating system interface.

Inspired by that, I had a new idea about how to obtain the source code: get it from Notabene. For the development work they do, they must have either the XyWrite IV source or something functionally quite similar, something usable for making XyWrite V.

If so, let's make a deal that requires NB do nothing, other than give us a copy of the source.

Here's the kind of deal we can offer NB:

-- NB gets a modest fee for providing us with a copy of the relevant source code.
-- We make, at our expense, the "relatively simple" changes needed to create XyWrite V.
-- Those of us who contribute time and/or money to the project get a copy of XyWrite V, for our own, non-commercial, use.

To be negotiated: who gets the other rights to the product (XyWrite V) developed from NB's source code?

--Harry