Re: Problems with NB and SE etc

Dear Carl
When I command SE chapter.* |search|helpkey I get not message box. The routine simply halts with the (I think) second file from the filemask open and the cursor at the top of this file and 'Done' on the status line. There is some activity before this which I cannot identify.
When I command SE chapter,* |search|message 'cannot find item'
The hardware is a desktop, by the way, running Windows 2000 SP4. I can
give you a rundown of the hardware if you think that useful.

Best wishes

Paul

Carl Distefano wrote:
Reply to note from Paul Breeze  Sun, 15
Mar 2009 13:54:07 +0000
If I command SE chapter.* |search| I get no message box, it
just halts at the top of the second file (I believe), having
found nothing in the first even though there were instances in
the all chapters.
One other question: If you issue that as a native command,
SE chapter.* |search|
do you still get the same error message?