printer file

Question 1: Bought an Epson 777 color inkjet and can't get it to work with
XyDos. Downloaded all the Epson printer files on the TTG site and tried
each one (with a "load xxxxx.prn") and nothing worked.
A) Printer on LPT 1 and works fine from Windows.
B) XyDos is talking to the printer (when you execute print the print head moves back and forth) but it will not print.
C) Also tried the HP inject file on the Xywwweb site and that did not work.

Anyone have any ideas or a printer file for the Epson 777 color inject?

Question 2: Noticed in the settings.dfl file that unless you have three blank spaces after the LPT1 line and also the name of a printer [as in: LPT1(sp)(sp)C:\XY\HPLJ-3P.PRN(sp)(sp)(sp)HP LaserJet IIIP] the file will burp when it attempts to load.
I don't think my printer problems are the result of bad file syntax because
I should be able to hand load a printer file from the command line and be
able to print.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Michael Norman
michael.norman@xxxxxxxx

PS: Never did figure out why I could not get XyDos to display on a second machine. Surely it was some graphics driver or setting my teenage son installed, but the good news is that we got a new Dell Optiplex and the only thing I had to do was copy over via Zip drive all my Xy files (including editor) from the old machine and it worked right away. Did not even have to install, just a tweak or two with the windows properties and there it was. Thanks to all those who helped with the original problem.