coming back to xywrite

attachment
After using Xywrite for seven or eight years, I started using Windows98 and Word97 last August; they came with a new computer.

Now I think I have to get back to Xywrite, but I have some questions that I hope you can help me
with.

It seems to boil down to whether I can use XyDos4.014 with Windows98 or if I have to use XyWindows.
Xy4.014 is still on my old computer; the diskettes are updates. My computer is a Dell Inspiron 3200
laptop.

Background: I am a freelance writer and basically need a word processor, Xywrite's ability to
simultaneously save to hard disk & floppy each time I save, large type on screen, and some
simple math to do my bookkeeping.

[1] Is there a way to get XyDos 4.014 to work with Windows98 to permit me to fool around with
on-screen fonts and zooms in order to enlarge the type on the screen? I was able to do this on the
old computer only by using graphic view, which was intolerably jumpy as it moved from line to line.
As far as I know I was using Dos and never used the Windows 3.1 that came with the old computer.

[2] If I have to go with XYWindows, what are the bugs and glitches I should be aware of? I'm still
kinda traumatized by my encounter with Word and would like to know what I am in for with XYWindows.
  --are XYWindows' bugs and glitches easily fixable, or will I have to devote a second career to
them?

[3] Does XyWindows come with adequate manuals? Word's manuals and Help Menus kept me using tech
phone support for tutorials, and I don't think I could start all that again even if Xywrite were to
permit it.

[4] Simple math: Xy4.014 allowed me to calculate by selecting numbers with alt+, and totaling with
alt=. Does XyWindows use the same method (or something equally simple), or will I have to set up
tables as in Word?

[5] The few times I needed tables in XY 4.014, the program was skittish; an Xy tech told me table
used too much RAM or some such. Is XyWindows any better?

[6] I have already converted more than half of my old files to Word (had no choice); am I going to
have trouble converting them back into Xywrite?

[7] I seem to be ending all correspondence these days with the following non-Xy query: Does anyone
know of any voice recognition software in existence or in the works that recognizes the voices of
strangers? I interview tons of people I never have spoken to before and never expect to speak to
again, and an old injury is making note-taking increasingly nerve wracking.

Many thanks for your help

Judith Davidsen