Re: UNDO--isolating the problem

Fred wrote:
I'm going to chime in here, even though I don't have a currently operating XyWrite (outside of a DOSBox session on my Mac which has none of the capabilities needed for the UNDO routines) since I had a similar problem a few years back when first attempting to use U2 on a W98 box: please check for ReadOnly files. Fred Weiner.
Yes, but how could a file that doesn't exist be Read Only? There's nothing
in the UD directory except (sometimes) UNDO.CTL.
A new development: I got a box (probably FF hex) followed by FE after
trying: undo.

It's not immediately replicable. I'm going to experiment some more.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx