UNDO Final Version (maybe)

Download:
 http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/UnDo.ZIP

Replace all old files and code with new versions.

N.B.: Old REG Variable "UnDoKeys" is now called "UnDoKey",
singular --change the spelling.

It is no longer required to set the Window Title of Xy4 to
"XYWRITE"; UnDo.exe now knows the ProcessID of XyWrite.

After struggling mightily to try to control the XyWrite keyboard
from Windows, I conclude that XyWrite has a fundamentally
different method than Windows of interpreting Shifting keys like
Alt and Shift. The Windows methods of poking keystroke combos
like "Alt + Shift + U" simply don't work reliably in XyWrite.
After all, when XyWrite was invented, Windows didn't exist, so
it's understandable.

THEREFORE, keystroke combos are no longer accepted - single
keystrokes only. The good news is that there are a couple of
suitable keystrokes that will never interfere with your KBD --
you don't need to "steal" a key from some other use to divert to
UnDo. Just use key 115 or 126, keys that don't even exist on
99.999% of keyboards, but which XyWrite understands perfectly.
See UNDO.TXT in the ZIPfile for more info.

The anomaly that Harry pointed out in his most recent msg is
fixed. The whole thing is more thoroughly tested and much
faster; UNDO.TXT (instructions) is clearer.

I think this is about ready for prime time, so if anybody would
like to try it, please do so. This is a radically different
type of program than anything XyWriters have used before. I'd
be interested to hear reactions.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx