Re: EOF characters in XyWrite files

I wrote:
I was going to suggest that Michael try just that, first with
tyf ,xtoend.pr,x-
to get the result from printing from a given page to the end (where he was having problems), then with
tyf ,xtoy.pr,x-y
specifying a given page to the specific last page. Only now, looking at the CRG, I'm not sure the first option is allowable with TYF, and I cannot test here, with only an Epson printer attached to a USB port under 98SE.
Well, thanks, everyone for not blistering me for such
idiocy. What difference would or would not the presence
of a printer make to running TYF? Zilch, zip, nada!
WHAT was I thinking? (Obviously I wasn't.)

Anyway, I did it just now and
1) Yes, one can say TYF ,file1.exe,x-
2) FC /B discovers NO Difference between the two files so printed. So I suspect Michael was right in saying that his files have extraneous EOF characters in them, and that confuses Xy as to where, exactly, the "End" of the file is.
But that makes me wonder: if one has been running with
Document Information turned ON (as I did for years) and
then turns it off (as I did back in 03), what happens
to the document information? It vanishes, but how? Does
Xy go and delete everything between the first and last
EOF? Does it just not save it when you save the file?
Or what?
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx