Re: Insufficient memory

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Mon, 09 Nov 1998 08:16:22 -0400

> [A /e2000 spec] is
> odd, since according to the manual this would restrict XyWrite to 2MB of
> expanded memory, while not using /e at all defaults to using 4MB.

Forget the manual (in this instance). If you want to use expanded memory reliably,
you gotta specify it. Try /e4000 if you want to use the maximum.

> Is there an optimal setting for expanded memory (when running under Win95)?

I dunno. I doubt that it is an OS issue. Question is, how much does XyWrite need?
It only uses EMS for the speller, AFAIK. If 2Mb works, then what do you need 4Mb
for? The key issue is, if you request 2Mb at launch (with /e2000), then make sure
the OS is configured (I assume in the Preferences) to deliver 2048Mb to this
application!

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx