Re: Xy4 spelling and Smartwords wishes

" >≪I think XY4 feels "notchy" and a little rough, compared to XY3. I know
" >about the added features, but what good are they if you don't feel
" >comfortable with your software?≫
" >
" >In what ways, exactly? What would you like it to do differently?
" >shawn_harrison@xxxxxxxx
"
" Oh, nothing big, but lots and lots lof little things. ...
" For example, it has a funny way to
" interpret my SPL files (in XY3, I correct typical typing mistakes
" like "SIe" to "Sie", leaving the correct "sie" untouched. XY4
changes
" *all* instances to "Sie", making it necessary for me to take those
" corrections out of the spl file).
"
" --Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo

	And I wish that Smartwords would recognize
	languages other than American English and
	do the above, 'knowing' that German is
	spelled differently from English and correct
	German spelling.

	There was hope that the Describe wordprocessing
	program with a dozen languages and a manual
	written by the Saint Herb Tyson of "Xywrite
	revealed in all its glory" fame, would be
	that kind of program, but it only allows the
	designation of frames with languages and
	does little else.
	If the file viewers can guess at the type of
	file coming in from the first 250 characters or
	so, can't it look for languages too?

						Daniel Say