Re: convert _ _ to ital etc.

Thanks as always, Carl. What the program misses in
my test file is end pairs such as !_, ._, etc.,
but that's easy enough to fix.
I hadn't thought of the url/filespec problem, I guess
because most of my documents are literary or legal.
But of course today, urls often figure in legal docs.

I confess I am still curious how to make a simple
xpl program that does something until it gets to the
end, then stops. Ages ago I wrote something simple
that did this. It answered the case where you had
to search for something, then do something like
move the cursor left once, then delete that
character. Unfortunately, I don't remember any more
than that, and since I was so stupid as not to give
all my xpl programs a standard extension, or put
them in a standard place, I can't easily search for the
orphans.

On another topic, has anyone got any comments on
working with XyWrite and the downloadable Quark 5
betas? I haven't downloaded them yet, but I understand
they have excellent support for Multiple Master fonts
and no support for OpenType fonts--something which
fits in well with my personal prejudices.