Re: P.S. to simple calendar question

Bill Troop wrote:
it seems that every additional program you open in Windows or Mac is bound to make things worse.

To which Robert replied:

Bah!
To which I add that too many systems are sold woefully underpowered. I'm trying to restore XP Pro on the laptop of a colleague's daughter. It has 128 Mb of RAM, and some of that is used by the VGA adaptor. I wouldn't run 98SE in 128 Mb. If you don't have enough RAM, the system is perpetually swapping to pagefile.sys. Depending on the speed of your hard drive, the amount of cache memory, and the way reads and writes are configured, the system can fall over its own feet, so to speak. And some programs do spout memory leaks (WordImPerfect is notorious for this), while others are just plain buggy.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx