HELP SCREENS/XPL AGAIN

Chris,

I am back with more questions about my current project. I hate to bother you
but, unfortunately, I tend to have the kinds of problems that defy the manual.

 1. When using the Type to File function with the Mail Merge, the created
file includes all the codes for the printer (We are using an HP Laser jet
series II). I want to make this an editable document. How can I get the system
to not include the printer codes until it actually goes to the printer?

 2. How can I get the current value of the s/g's to appear when a type 5 frame
is called? I have tried both gt and pv and neither seems to work, unless, of
course, I am doing it wrong. I looked at the screen defaults screen in
alacarte.mnu for an example but that uses XyWrite variables not s/g's. Help!

 3. I made some additions to Alacarte.mnu to include one of the forms I am
working on. After I did the load alacarte.mnu seems to take a lot longer to
execute. We are working on 286-class machines. Is there a way to add things to
alacarte.mnu that makes it load faster? The reason I am adding to alacarte.mnu
is I still want them to have the ability to use alacarte menus as well as the
forms package I am including.

I appreciate all your help. Maybe I'll mention you in my will!
 Remember,

 No matter where you go, there you are!

 ----John