Re: U2

I don't recall seeing this mentioned: OOB (out-of-the-box) XyWrite 4 DOS has single-press Ctrl key dedicated to autoreplace (I forget the function call; AR perhaps) so that you can autoreplace manually from the personal spelling file. I haven't ever used it this way, but it seems that if you had

oh Ohio
ma Massachusetts

in the spelling file, you could write a story in which a character said "Oh, Ma!" and NOT
have the expansion take place *unless* you hit the Ctrl key after each word (thus getting
"Ohio, Massachusetts!"). If AutoReplace were ON, you'd get the expansion automatically.

Of course, this use of a single-press shift key for a dedicated function is pretty benign.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx