Re: F5--and everything went black...

** Reply to message from Si Wright  on Thu,
28 Jun 2007 22:19:00 -0700 (PDT)

> PS: Noting the title of this thread, I wonder if Jon is still
> struggling with his F5 key.
> I appreciate your concern, Michael. And your unconcern, too, Robert.

Always happy to help!

> [I] may, as Robert suggests by implication, just put up
> with the blackouts and stick with F5.

It seems to me that a momentary flicker once in twenty F5
keypresses is no cause for concern. Anyway, the question has
been resolved, I think? Try putting NI in front of BC in your
KBD assignment -- function NI was *designed* to block keycodes
from passing to the OpSYs (although it may be impotent in NT
because programs are more distant from hardware).

Something like this:

63=Q5NIBC
 which is same as
63=Q5,NI,BC
 commas between contiguous functions are unnecessary

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx