Re: xy4.017 disk 3

Morris Krok wrote:

> from Morris Krok
>   essence@xxxxxxxx
>
> to Jordan jr_fox@xxxxxxxx
>
> Thanks Jordan for sending me disk 3 of version 4.017 but after unzipping it
> with pkun.zip it produced a file xywrite.003 and and Id file,

Worked as designed then.

> but after
> reintalling Xy4 version 4.016,

Huh??!! The disk automatically reinstalled .16. Whazzup??!!

> it could not correctly install any of the
> files extracted from which it mentioned the following:
>   Ibm2tif.exe
>   Ibm2tif.set

These are conversion filters of some sort, probably left over from the Signature
days. It's odds-on they'll be useless to you anway.

>   Plotter.Tpf

No idea. Probably more IBM stuff now useless. Perhaps the list's Wise Persons
will know.

>   Dict.spl
>   pers.spl
>   business.spl
>   legal.spl
>   Dict.hyp

These are speller files, essentially undchanged from .16 to .17. If you got 'em
with .16 you're golden. Fret not.

>   addendum doc

Probably a readme file.

>   Of the above I know that pers.spl, business.spl, and legal.spl, the
> others I do not know.
>   It is quite possible that I used the wrong program to unzip the file you
> sent me or that disk 3 of 4.017 is not compatible with 4.016.

All you really want; all you really need is the new editor.exe. If you got that,
you're in business. Here's your best bet. I believe you can download _4.18_ from
the TGRP website. If you got any version of 4.1x loaded the sucker will move in
comfortably and do no damage to anything else. The only difference between .17
and .18 is that the directory displays the date properly as 0N-0N-200N instead
of 0N-0N19200N or somesuch.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
New Address:
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)