Re: XY on a smartphone?

I'm typing this in XyWrite now on my iPhone. Now I'm going
to try the dictation function. Now is the time for all good men to come
to the aid of their party. Wow! Not only did it work but I am dictating
this evaluation of it right now.

 I'm able to do this, by using TeamViewer on both my computer and my iPhone. After I jumped through a few hoops, I was able to log onto my home computer with TeamViewer. And my home computer is set up to allow TeamViewer to take control of it from my iPhone.

 It's really amazing, I haven't had to correct any of the transcription made from speaking in this text.

Reply to note from Jon P Sun, 21 Jul 2013
21:16:32 -0700 (PDT)

> Some Oxford University physicists have concocted JPC: ...
> if anyone else wants to play with this, on
> phone or computer, I'd be curious about how useful it is.

Well, after several hours of experimentation (and playing Space
Invaders -- a blast from the past!), I did finally get it to run
XyWrite 4 + XYWWWEB.U2 on my PC (WinXP). It was slow, and the
keyboard was spotty (especially the num pad), but to my surprise the
U2 frames that I tried did work. (And the STARTUP.INT produced by
PORTABLE.PM worked like a charm.) Since it was barely usable on a
PC, I assume that Xy on a phone or tablet is out of the question for
now. But the potential seems to be there. I hope JPC will continue
to be developed.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx