Re: Laser printer compatibility

I use the HP LaserJet 5L with XyWin and it works fine with the XY printer
drivers. In fact, I have not yet even installed a driver for the 5L, using
instead one for a HP LaserJet III. However, it is very very slow with the
windows drivers.

At 03:22 PM 12/9/96 +0000, you wrote:
>> I am planning to buy a laser printer to use with XyDOS 4 and/or XyWin. Does
>> anyone have any warnings, or encouragement, concerning these printers?
>> 	Brother HL-370
>> 	NEC SuperScript 860
>> 	Panasonic KX-P6100 (or other fancier printers in the 6000 series)
>> 	HP LaserJet 5L
>>
>I have used a variety of laser printers over the years at my
>university. I have never had problems with HP's and XyWrite. I *have*
>had odd problems from time to time with other printers (especially
>IBM).  I never regret having spent a bit more for a IIP several
>years ago. It keeps plugging along with XyDOS 4.017 and XyWin 4.012.
>I fully expect HP to be up to a 9P or 11L or something like that
>before I need another one.
>
>IMHO HP is the de facto laser standard. (Not necessarily the best,
>mind you, but the one everyone emulates.)
>
>Myron

Michael H. Granof
University of Texas at Austin
College of Business Administration