Crash culprit apparently identified

This is for Robert, Carl, Steve, and anyone else who may be
interested:

I believe I have finally identified the source of those Trap E's in
ECS. They were most likely caused by installation of the process
killer Ctrl-Alt-Delete Commander about 10 days ago. I've used this
program successfully for several years in OS/2 Warp 4, which I never
upgraded beyond FP-9 level. However, the program does replace the
native keyboard driver, KBDBASE.SYS, with a modified version of its
own. The old replacement file became deadly after certain OS/2
changes were instituted by Fixpack 13. For this reason, the C-A-D
publisher put out successive beta versions of a new replacement file,
from about '98 to 2000. I had picked up the last of these when it
came out, but forgot about it because I never needed to use it. It is
a driver that loads automatically, and not referenced in Config.Sys.

These are small details, easily overlooked. Of course, ECS is
equivalent to something later than FP-15, so the later driver is
definitely essential. After making this substitution, the problem
seems to have gone away. I won't celebrate right away, though,
because there are numerous Trap E threads on the ECS newsgroups, and
some of the problems discussed were persistent. Hopefully, there is
always a solution to be found, if one digs deep enough.

Anyway, I have my DOS sessions back now, and can resume XyWriting from
ECS.

Jordan