Re: faulty spell checker/dictionary?

flash wrote:
Incidentally, my CRG states, pg. 3-88 note 8, that the spellchecker
requires access to a file called SPELL.OVR, as well as DICT.SPL, to
function correctly. My setup has a file called WORD.OVR, but not
SPELL.OVR. Robt, is this an known variation?
My CRG (what's the copyright date on yours?) has no "Note 8" on p.
3-88. That page deals with the Thesaurus (which I never use), and
says: "The thesaurus uses the files WORD.OVR and WFBG.SYN, both of
which are installed in the \Xy4 directory by default. WORD.OVR is a
program file that XyWrite needs to execute the thesaurus function and
WFBG.SYN is a dictionary of synonyms. Those files are not loaded into
memory, so XyWrite goes to disk each time you use the thesaurus."
There is no mention that I can find in my CRG (c 1993; 1st ed. January
1993; doc.control no. 003500=01) to any SPELL.OVR, nor is there such a
file in my Xy4 directory. Page 3-70 says that the spelling checker
"uses three types of dictionaries:main, personal, and temporary. The
main dictionary is named DICT.SPL; it is a large (approximately
100,000 words), built-in dictionary that is in binary format and
cannot be directly edited."

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx