Re: Email and XyWrite: Addendum

Harry,

Ignoring/honoring the 1A character?

That would be very handy. I don't suppose it works with Xy 3.55, does it? I
get a message that says, "Can't set value with default".

Eudora 3.01 doesn't seem to eliminate the EOF code when it compacts.

I did eliminate the EOF with DOS edit.com (a poor man's XyWrite that comes
bundled with Windows 98).

Norman

At 03:33 PM 6/15/02 -0400, Harry Binswanger wrote:

>In my previous message, I forgot to note that there can sometimes be
>problems with 1A's (end of file characters) being treated differently by Xy
>and Eudora. If you are *starting* with a Eudora-created .mbx file, you
>should "compact" it in Eudora, before editing it in Xy. If you forget, it
>might work to set Xy's default for ignoring/honoring the 1A character--from
>command line, thus:
>
>d 1A=1
>
>Harry
>
>Harry Binswanger