Re: autoreplace [was auto-correct] in 3.58

Harry,

I remember something like this happening when I first modified my xy4.kbd way
back there in the 20th century. I seem to recall opening the standard issue kbd
and copying some of those 29's and 99's into my customized kbd. It worked.
Maybe the wise persons know more.

Harry Binswanger wrote:

> Tim wrote:
>
> "out-of-the-box Xy4DOS, in addition to doing the Autoreplace in the usual
> way, can do on-the-spot replacements without invoking the automatic feature
> ... {using the ctrl key}."
>
> This looks fascinating---we can actually put stuff on the CTRL key while
> still using it as a shift key!
>
> But, I can't get it to work in my .kbd file. It works for assigning XH,AR
> to other keys, but not to key 29.
> There's something in XY4.KBD that's not in my customized .kbd file, because
> using XY4.KBD works!
>
> Another puzzler: I tried making one modification in XY4.KBD: putting w for
> XY,AR. Then I, of course, SAved the modified XY4.KBD and did LDKBD. Result?
> Tapping ctrl then doesn't put out a w,-- but it does still auto-expand!
> That's with the XH,AR removed from the loaded XY4.KBD. Amazing!
>
> So what is the secret of XY4.KBD???
>
> For reference, here's my definitions section:
> ;    DEFIN
> keys=104
> ctrl=29,99
> alt=56
> meta=104
> shift=42,54,n
> caps=58,T:c
>
> TIA,
> Harry
>
> Harry Binswanger
> hb@xxxxxxxx

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)