Re: questions

> I'm thinking of trying out Xy/Win, and I have several
questions.

Nathan has given a good answer to most of the questions. Here's
a few additional comments.

> Is the speller/thesaurus the same Microlytics product as in the DOS
> version? That's still the best I've encountered, and I'd hate to give
> it up.

The about screen on xywin credits Microlytics. I use the speller
in Xywin and find it quite as adequate as the notabene speller
(I have never used xydos).
 > Any differences in how it converts to E-mailable ascii?

I use the xywrite email.prn file and print to disk in xywin. It
produces good, emailable copy.
 > Finally, has anybody had any experience using Xy/Win with WinFax Pro /4
> for faxing directly from documents?

Yes, Winfax Pro /4 works just fine transmitting directly from
xywin. You just select the winfax printer driver and print.

Jack Shafer and I noticed that it sometimes takes a long time to
"print" a long document, but the results are fine. I haven't
timed xywin 4.12 and don't know if its better. Jack?
Allan Needell--Internet: aneedell@xxxxxxxx; CCserve: 71461,1115