Re: Windows XP display

** Reply to message from "Harriet G Hodges"  on Fri, 18
Nov 2005 10:21:38 -0500

Harriet:

This is a tough time, I know, and a tough time to switch computers probably --
but maybe distracting too (in the sense of diverting). When you say "he cannot
get the program window to maximize", do you mean that he can't get a *full
screen display* to actually fill the whole window (it appears in the middle of
the screen, tiny and surrounded by an ocean of black), or that he can't get a
*Desktop window* to enlarge when he clicks on the little "Maximize" square box
at upper right of the window? These are very different problems. If the
latter, you can only get the Desktop window to be larger in size by changing to
a larger screen font (a larger *point size* -- easily done in "Properties ==>
Font": right-click on the Shortcut you use to launch XyWrite, or, if XyWrite is
already running, right-click on the upper-left corner of XyWrite's window; then
click Properties, click Font). If we are talking about fullscreen "DOS-type"
(black) screens (the thing you see when you hit Alt-Enter), it is somewhat more
complex, but almost always do-able (I can discuss that, or point you to earlier
msgs on the subject, if necessary -- but if this is the problem, it would be
useful to know the computer manufacturer/model).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx