Re: Development Activities Sound Wonderful

  I have to agree -- it all sounds pretty great, except for the VB. I
certainly wouldn't call that an "emerging standard". Perl and/or Javascript
are the emerging standard -- VB will probably disappear not too far down the
road, certainly it's being eclipsed even as we speak. Is anyone at all using
VB for web programming? And that's essentially what you would want, I would
think, to be integrated with your web authoring tool -- a suitable web
programming language.
  Other than that, tho, it does indeed sound neat. I'm especially
interested in the database end of it too -- I've long thought that XY should
serve well as a database tool, at least for personal needs or small
companies. I wonder just how far-reaching that aspect will be? And what
formats it will encompass?
  Actually, what Ken described sounds an awful lot like a web browser, with
a web editor attached. Too bad about the VB tho -- I hope it won't be too
totally integrated -- I mean, maybe we could just ignore it or delete that
part? Or not have to buy it in the first place?

--
Harmon Seaver
hseaver@xxxxxxxx

"Some mon just deal wit' information. An' some mon, him deal wit' the
concept of truth. An' den some mon deal wit' magic. Information flow aroun'
ya, an' truth flow right at ya. But magic, it flow t'rough ya."
     -- Nernelly, A Jamaican "Bush Doctor," 1982

Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this post is
available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or local equivalent.