Re: Off topic... but may be of interest.

 Will Search pick up only files produced by DOS programmes?

 MWP

------
On Mon, 19 May 2008, Harry Binswanger wrote:
Window's native Search facility can do this--or am I missing something?
 Does any know of a small DOS or Windows programme that would allow
 be to poll the hard drives for recently downloaded or changed TXT,
 DOC, PDF, or XY4 type files? I have such a DOS programme, but it has
 been acting up recently. It worked well for years till about a month
 or so ago, when it started giving me a "runtime error 202" in mid-flight.
 I cannot figure out what happened to cause it to do this, and everything
 I've tried to correct the problem does not work.

 For those amongst you who may be interested, go to the Garbo file
 archive, and search for the programme called TODAY. It may be part
 of a collection of DOS programmes that have been zipped together. It's
 very useful if you modify files or download files and want to know
 the names of all of the files in question, and their location on the
 computer, say, since, yesterday at 14:00 hours.

 If you do obtain this programme, I'd be interested to know if it
 performs well for you, or do you too get a Runtime error?

 Thanks.

 M.W. Poirier

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx