Re: XyWrite and Windows 7

I don't think I have posted anything in a couple of years, so I'll come out of lurk mode...

Here are the answers to a couple of your questions:

1) 16 bit programs will not run on *64 bit* Windows 7.  16 bit programs should run on 32 bit Windows 7, much as they do on 32 bit Vista or XP.  Most PCs nowadays come preloaded with 64 bit Win 7.

2)  Windows 7 64 bit professional or Ultimate comes with a license to use "XP Mode" (you have to download it).  XP mode is really just a copy of Windows XP running in a virtual machine inside of 64 bit Windows 7.  So in theory anything that runs on XP should run in XP mode.  Of course the hardware requirements are higher to use XP mode.  Here's the MS page on it:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/support/faq.aspx

I'm pretty sure that Windows 7 allows resizing of partitions without a third party application, but I'll leave that question for someone else.

-Robert