More on problems with XyWrite and Windows 95.

                         Michael Edwards.

   I've just tried XyWrite again, and the situation is not quite as simple as
it seemed when I made my first posting a couple of hours ago. This time it quit
all right, and returned to the DOS prompt, although things were still not quite
normal. For instance, normally "F3" remembers the last DOS command issued, but
once I went back to the DOS prompt, it had forgotten the last command: pressing
it did nothing, although it should normally cause "editor" to be typed again at
the DOS prompt. However, at least things seemed reasonably normal, although I
suppose I still don't quite trust it.
   However, I wondered why XyWrite sometimes stalled on trying to quit, and
sometimes didn't. It occurred to me that the difference was that the stalling
occurred when the previous DOS screen was set to 50 lines per screen, but it
didn't when it was set to 25 lines. (25 lines is the default when you first
open the DOS screen, but I normally use 50.)
   In both cases, when you run "editor.exe" and the opening screen appears,
there is a perceptible pause before it appears, as if the program has frozen
briefly for a second or two, even though everything in XyWrite is normally
lightning-fast. It does appear that XyWrite is doing some not-quite-legitimate
things with my computer, perhaps its memory.
   Any ideas on what's going on, and what I can do about it?

             Regards,
             Michael Edwards.