Re: Making mode commands symmetrical (or should I say complementary?)

Thanks, Carl for responding. I'm sure we'll get there eventually...

Carl Distefano  wrote:

> Replace M2 with BXm,d, ,b,o,Q2

I tried this first. The keyboard file loads fine, and the command
executes without an error (when I define a string and hit the key, the
string becomes bold), but the resulting mode commands in the file are
still ≪MDBO≫ at the beginning and ≪MDNM≫ at the end.

> or, if you load U2, with NOJM2,.,m,d,+,B,O,Q2 .

I do use U2, but am sorry to admit that it's far from the latest version
(my limited uses did not prompt me to upgrade so far). I don't even know
offhand which version I am using, but it must be from at least two years
back or more.

When I assign the above to my "bold" key, the keyboard file still loads
fine, but when I hit the key I only get the message "Application error"
and no bolding happens.

> (The differences|advantages of the U2 frame
> versus the native command are identified in the Help frame, summoned
> with HELP MD.)

Incidentally, when I command "HELP MD", Xy calls the file
XYWWWEB.INF into a window and puts a search command on the command line,
but it stops at any occurrence of MD including strings such as "RMDIR"
(and there are a lot), rather than giving specific help for MD.

Sorry to trouble you again, but if you have any further suggestions, I'd
appreciate them. Incidentally, being able to set the prevailing mode to
bold is not important for me. I just want to be able to bold a defined
string, and end up with ≪MD+BO≫ at the beginning and ≪MD-BO≫ at the
end.

Wolfgang Bechstein
bechstein@xxxxxxxx