Re: Diacritics in XW for E-Mail

" >From "Yo Intl."
"
" > . . .there is no high Ascii or Ansi that "works" in e-mail body text. It all
" depends on what route the message takes, and what software is used to
" read.
" If you want to be sure, send your umlaut containing messages as
" attachment.
"
"
" Alas, attachments cause severe problems with every mailing-list program.
"
" (How I'd like to be wrong.)
"
" Wendell

	And I just got a virus (caught and stomped)
	in an attachment from the German section of
	China Radio International.

	I think that, since there is a finite known
	number of recipients, a test message should
	be sent with a number of diacritic words
	from XW and NBW and XyDOS files in the
	various forms of \330, &Uuml, | (the latter
	a copy of an XYDOS u(umlaut) cut from the
	XYDOS screen in OS/2.

	Some can be read, others can't
	Those recipients with some trouble reading
	what you have sent, need a MAIL.PRN for
	example written for their name SCHMIDT.PRN
	for the 'translation'.

					Daniel Say