Re: problems with now, date, etc.

Hi Carl, shelling to DOS and invoking TIME definitely works. I'll
keep an eye out. Whatever Xy4 is doing here, when you save and file
and DIR it within Xy4, the time is always right. It's just Xy4's
reporting of the time from the various commands we've talked about
that sometimes goes astray.
Since the problem, when it exists, isn't cured simply by rebooting
the system, you have to wonder what causes the misreading in the
first place. Does Xy4 write a file somewhere that references time, or
does it have some system call that could be out of sync, or something else?
One thing I didn't test, and I regret that I didn't while my system
was still in its un-cured state, was to see if DATE reported would
change at correct midnight, regardless of the incorrect TIME reported by Xy4.

Many thanks,

Bill

At 8/17/2011 11:34 PM, you wrote:
Reply to note from Bill Troop  Wed, 17 Aug 2011
16:13:21 +0100

Bill:

> I've noticed over the past few days that XyWrite's now command,
> which I sometimes use, is off by a considerable amount. For
> example, if the time as reported by the OS is 4:06 pm, 'now'
> claims it's 9:24 am. ...

I occasionally see something similar in Xy4 running under XP. I
haven't noticed it with the NOW or TM commands, but the time as
displayed on the PRompt line sometimes gets stuck at an earlier time
(earlier than the system time, that is). My high-tech fix is to
shell from XyWrite to DOS, issue the TIME command at the DOS prompt,
hit Enter, then command EXIT to return to XyWrite. I suppose it
could be automated by issuing the following command on the XyWrite
CMline:

DOS/NV/Z /C CMD.EXE/C TIME/T

I'd be curious to know if it helps in your case.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx