Re: new buckling spring keyboards, with left side function keys

PS/2 connectors have been absent from nearly all motherboards
(don't want to go out on a limb and say ALL, even though that may in
fact be so), for a number of years now.  I can attest that the Siig
adapter / converters work quite well, but if the keyboard is already
USB, it would be a non-issue today.

It is certainly good to know that this type of keyboard is still on the
market.  I'm still using an Omnikey 102, with a barely used Avant
Stellar as the understudy for whenever that one may eventually fail,
and have another much-used Omni-102 that could very possibly be
repaired and refurbished, if ever necessary.  Also have a couple of
similar Maxicomp keyboards (I may be mis-remembering that name)
out on indefinite loan.  So, I hope my keyboard needs will be covered,
for as long as we still need to type.

    Jordan

From: John Paines To: "xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2016 4:16 PM Subject: Re: new buckling spring keyboards, with left side function keys Correction!  This version only comes as USB.  The adapter mentioned previously is for connecting a PS/2 keyboard to USB.  To use this keyboard with a PS/2 interface, you'd need to order the standard version w/PS2 option and have it customized.
From: John Paines To: "xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2016 5:31 PM Subject: new buckling spring keyboards, with left side function keys Could be old news, but if anyone's interested, Unicomp is selling new buckling spring keyboards with function keys on the left.  This was formerly available as a custom option, but now it's apparently a stocked item. http://www.pckeyboard.com/page/product/40L5A Quality is very good.  If you're still plugging away on a machine with a PS/2 interface, there are adapters which will work with this [usb] keyboard. http://www.clickykeyboards.com/index.cfm/fa/categories.main/parentcat/11298 This company will do further customization, for a small fee.  Or at least it used to.