Re: Staying with XP after April 8 2014 (was Win 7 vs Win 8)

On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 10:12:24AM -0500, Lynn Brenner wrote:
> P.S. The Word ribbon horrors are still in store for me. I still use Word
> 2003. I write and edit everything in Xywrite and convert it to Word 2003
> before filing my copy. I realize that to anyone who doesn't know Xywrite,
> this must sound like the equivalent of using a horse and buggy and a Model
> T - but in fact, it's a wonderfully fast system. I have decades' worth of
> my Xywrite files as well as everything in the XP universe instantly
> available to me. Left to my druthers I wouldn't change anything.

You might want to investigate markdown as an ascii tagging system and also pandoc, which can take
markdown files and convert those directly to Word .docx. This way you can continue to write in Xy,
and still have a mechanism to go to Word.

fwiw,

Russ