Re: Problems with Microlytics dictionary in XY4

Dear Carl

I am allocating 5120k of expanded memory in Windows and the command line for XY4 has /e4000.  In my startup.int file I set ZX=1 at the beginning and then ZX=0 at the end.  This appears to be the only way to persuade the UK dictionary to load.  To change dicitionaries I rename the US or UK dictionary DICT.SPL. There is no toggling within XY4.

There is one further puzzling observation.  When the dictionary fails it always fails at exactly the same point in a file.  This applies even if I exit the dictionary during the checking and then start again from the place I had reached.  However if I delete the offending error it will pass that point, only to find another, of course.  I have examined the files using a hex editor and there is nothing unusual at the point where the dictionary hangs - nothing I can see anyway.  By the way, the files I'm checking were all generated in XY3 - is that likely to have any effect?

Paul