Re: Xy4 - OS options

On 06/09/2011 03:55 PM, Paul Lagasse wrote:
I could go on. Frankly, not ready for primetime is how I'd describe Unity.
Slashdot today points to a Tom's Hardware review that echoes your sentiment http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ubuntu-11.04-natty-narwhal,2943.html It's interesting that the TH reviewer reasons that the Unity initiative grew out of disaffection with lagging Gnome development, I'm more used to hearing Shuttleworth as an incipient megalomaniac. Certainly he deserves a lot of credit, but it's a pretty tricky game he's running. He's really done quite a lot, and I haven't seen anyone arguing Canonical has bent any principles to greedy purpose.