RE: Xy4 Setup

Robert Holmgren (no Sir this time):
>Then "sie sie" is made for you! But I would call this a highly personal
problem
>and solution. After all, the notion that you are going to set up, in .SPL, all
>common Capitalized words in form
> sHe she
> hEr her
>just on the off chance that you might not release the Shift key in time for the
>second character, is simply preposterous. ANY word could do that.

Yes, it could. And that is why Word has a function that actually
corrects this (really the only advantage of Word over XY I can
think of).
But I did not pick those words in my .spl files at random. I am routinely
adding words to my .spl file which I come across after spell-checking,
thus weeding out my own typical typos -- we all have them.

>It's a silly idea on its face, because it extends to all 540,000
>words in the language.

That is a bit of a Clinton argument. Crank your harddisk through
a concordancer and see how many words you use how often. You'll find
that most of the time you deal with a very tiny part of those 540,000.
To have "sie sie" in my German .spl file makes a lot of sense to me.

>>> However this may have worked in early versions of Xy3+, it seems
>>> compromised by the fact that v3.55 introduced some fairly indispensable
>>> new features to 3+, but also did away with Auto-Correct/Replace. Which,
>>> to me, makes any argument for [Auto-Correct in] Xy3+ completely academic.

>capture a DeFined string simply by commanding  before v3.54 (you had
to use
>ordinary Save Gets A-Z, 0-9). You didn't have the XS parser,

Uh... sorry that I asked.

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--This week somewhere: The dog wags the Senate.