Re: Memory problems with XyDOS (4) under Win98?

Eric Van Tassel wrote:

> But here's my question. In DOS 3.x, with large files (including a lot of
> italics, redlining etc.) I was getting frequent crashes until I followed my
> then-guru's advice and installed a memory manager -- Qualitas's 386Max.
> I've lived happily ever after, until now. My guru is on the wrong side of
> the Atlantic, so you guys have to be my guroi (?): how should I run XyDOS
> to get the best out of my new PC?

You can (1) set up your system to dual-boot and operate XyWrite
in "pure" DOS, (2) go to the Ms-DOS prompt in Windows and operate
in DOS mode, or (3) simply treat XyWrite as a Windows program, by
creating a shortcut (pif file) and sticking it in your startup
menu or on your desktop, or zapping Editor.Exe with your mouse.
All three methods work fine

Mike Shupp
Graduate Student, Dept of Anthropology
California State University, Northridge