Re: Conversion filters (was NB Win availability)

I can echo the same comments about WordPort. It gives me a file that I can
send to my MSWord clients. I still have to apologize for the formatting in
places, but it is at least viewable. But I paid for and registered my
copy, and am surprised that there is a new version that came out
unannounced. Seems to me there it came with a promise of a free upgrade.

Nick Browse

At 08:13 AM 11/5/99, you wrote:
>To Ed Curtis and Leslie Bialler--
>
>About WordPort:
>
>A Windows program. Converts to and from XyWrite II and up, along with
>practically all word processors. Price $149. Whew! I worked with it for a
>time last year and found it probably the best of the conversion utilities,
>though all have limitations--particularly if formatting is at all elaborate
>or if there are many special characters. I haven?t had to use WordPort a
>great deal--the Word for Word conversions in XyW usually do well enough.
>But WordPort works, and nothing else I know of deals with XyWrite II and III
>
>If formatting is fairly straightforward, WordPort gives you a file you can
>work with. Comes with lengthy documentation on disk--my printout runs well
>over 100 pages.

Nicholas Browse               Tel: (978) 456-8281
Nicholas Browse & Associates        Fax: (978) 456-6830
Video & Audio-Visual Consultants      Email: nbrowse@xxxxxxxx
228 Still River Road, P.O. Box 187
Still River, Mass. USA 01467