Re: XYENC/XYDEC v0.95 release

Okay, thanks Carl. Am enjoying the screen shots.
Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sun, 01 Feb
2009 13:18:25 -0500

Harry:

> I like the use of  to pretty things up. IIRC, these tags
> are taken out by one of your frames, so that the decoding will
> work right. Is it part of XYTOG?

No, there's actually a dedicated frame, XYFMT2, that does this; it's
called as a child process by XYFMT and by XYDEC (and as a grandchild
by XYTOG, which itself calls XYFMT and XYDEC its children). XYFMT2
is a toggle: If the IV]'s are present in XYENCoded matter, it
removes them; if not, it adds them. (See screen shot, XYENC2.PNG,
attached.) The bottom line is that the handling of IV] deltas is
hands-off to the user during either formatting (XYFMT) or decoding
(XYDEC).

The only reason I can think of to run XYFMT2 as a standalone routine
would be to strip out the undecodable additions from formatted code
before sending it to someone who doesn't have Xy4 or these helper
routines (or, alternatively, to add these visual enhancements to
"cooked" code before sending it to a U2 user). One of the few times
in life when you can go from "overcooked" back to "al dente" without
starting over.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx