Re: XY-4 and OS/2 Experience

Nathan Sivin:

As I understand it OS/2 Warp serves as an operating system, as do DOS and
OS/2 2.1. It incorporates PC-DOS 6.3 (IBM's version of DOS, which I am
currently using) so both DOS and OS/2 programs can be run on it.  Used in
place of Dos, OS/2 Warp supposedly allows DOS programs to run faster than they
do under DOS. BUT...if you want to run Windows program under OS/2, you also
have to use Windows with it. In other words, think of OS/2 as a replacement
for DOS with many of the enhancements of Windows, except that it doesn't run
Windows programs by itself.

If I'm wrong, anyone who KNOWS better should feel free to correct me.