Re: Bottom-Of-File (BF) Question

Brian,

You're welcome. Yes, I seem to recall that NI meant "not IBM sensitive"
to some, while others viewed it as "no interrupt." Anyway, what it does
is make certain that the default DOS commands do not seep through into
XyWrite customizations.

My Xy4 keyboard is a heavily modified version of the one that came with
Xy4 that was designed for 3+ users. The standard-issue keyboard was the
one that would adapt to the then just beginning conventions that we're
now all familiar with (e.g., end means end-of-line not end of screen,
etc.). As I remember that keyboard was called Xy4-3.kbd or somesuch.

It was obviously hastily prepared as the late Tech Group (Ken Frank's
operation) was getting ready to ship Xy4, and as I remember its use of
NI vs. no NI was slapdash more than somewhat.

I think Carl has given you the best advice on this subject when he
suggests that you "use it when you need it."

Anyhow, as for the keyboard: I more or less took it apart, replacing a
great deal of it with the modifications I'd made to my 3+ kbd, and
adding the new features from Xy4 that I wanted.

As for your query about the mouse, my kbd file has this line (but
whether it was standard-issue, or whether I added it after reading a
manual, or because Carl or Robert or Tim or Harry advised me to I don't
recall):

The line is in the defintion section and it says:

MOUSE=105

Cheers

"A vengeful little goddess with an ancient crown to fight"
--Joni Mitchell, "Don't Interrupt the Sorrow"

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)