Re: autoreplace [was auto-correct] in 3.58

TBaehr@xxxxxxx wrote:
out-of-the-box Xy4DOS, in addition to doing the
Autoreplace in the usual way, can do on-the-spot replacements without
invoking the automatic feature. If you have a personal spelling file with
replacements in it, you just type the thing you want to replace (like xma for
Massachusetts) and press the Ctrl key all by itself.
Tim,

I was going to ask if some default needed to be set for this, but noted that you said "out-of-the-box."  Then I shuttled over to Xy4DOS, which is usually running here in its own window / session.  I took a quick look at PERS.SPL, which gets loaded by default, and saw that I wouldn't even have to modify it to test this.  I just typed "teh", either by itself or followed by a space, and then a Ctrl key.  Nothing happens -- with _either_ Ctrl key.  If I turn on AC, of course, "teh" becomes "the" automatically.  Abbreviation expansion would certainly be the same.  What am I overlooking, re this manual, single-shot function you mentioned ?

Jordan