Re: Another "Formatted View" bug?

** Reply to note from nsivin@xxxxxxxx (Nathan Sivin) Tue, 3 Dec 1996

> I get a switch to page-line view regularly when I save a file
> containing tables or, if memory serves, graphics.

Of course. Because there's no way to display tables or graphics with
Wrap_to_Fit (VAriable WF) turned on (=1, which is the way everybody has Xy
set up). It's a feature.

I suspect that more than a few of the complaints we're reading here about
Xy4 reflect a dogged persistence of III+ habits that are obsolete in Xy4.
Or else just a lack of familiarity with Xy4. It takes some digging
sometimes, but I've found solutions to every significant Xy4 "problem" I
ever (thought that I had) encountered. Other complaints are just specious.
I have to laugh when I read about the lack of documentation for Xy4 XPL!
Xy3's XPL was well documented, I suppose? What a waste of time...

I'm sure Ken Frank is cheered by the die-hard loyalty to III+ manifest
here. It suggests that these users have stepped defiantly off the upgrade
bus, & will not be purchasing new product anytime soon. Frank can safely
ignore them. As he does anyway.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx