Re: a number of things - esp DSL

Carl Distefano wrote:

> Dick Giering writes:
> << 1)  The "high speed" that you obtain is
> UNIDIRECTIONAL!
>
> Not true here.  My uploads are about twice as fast as
> with a 56K modem.  (The 500+ Kbps downloads are nice,
> too.)  You should complain to your provider.

The Upload rate claimed / offered by the provider has, from what
I've seen, always lagged significantly behind the Download speed.

There is a "business level" DSL pkg. available from my provider
that
gives you 5 fixed IP addresses (fixed rather than dynamic &
regularly
re-leased addresses command a premium), plus a BIG jump in Up /
Down
speeds.  The 5 addresses would be good for a smaller network.
However,
this pkg. costs several times my monthly rate.

Jordan